Friday, October 26, 2007

Social Media and Television

A while back I wrote an article on Social Media and Television. At that time there were a few dabblers in some areas.

foodtv.ca had its mealplanner. More and more sites are blog integrated. Slice.ca is entirely blog based in fact. BlogTV is growing strong in the area of allowing people to be their own broadcaster.

Over the past few months I have been seeing a growing trend in this area. There is a lot more inline video content, user profile pages and more chances for interaction of users with each other.

Recently I came across these sites:

http://mynbc.com/ - This is still kind of raw and not that pretty but its getting there and hey its still in beta. I can see great things coming here.

http://ifood.tv/ - This site allows people to swap recipes, connect with each other on the topics of food.

If you come across more of these television/broadcast sites that are becoming more social pass them on to me at chris@clinchportal.com or susan@clinchportal.com or chrisw_88@hotmail.com and I will add them to this list.

No comments:

Jeff Pontes Social Media Search