Monday, July 23, 2007

QuelchUp and Spamming

I had posted the following:

I signed up for an account with QuelchUp and then it asked me to check if anyone else in my hotmail was on QuelchUp but it didn't show me any contacts so I could choose who to invite it just sent them to my address book. If QuelchUp wants to be more than a doostang then it will need to fix this.

I look forward to hearing more from people on their Quelch experiences and if they had similar or to let me know that Quelch has fixed this bug.
I heard back from QuelchUp in this matter, basically they say this is by design and its not spamming. They have lost my possible endorsement. I don't want to send emails to everyone I know I just want to send them to a select few from my contact list. I thought I would update you below is the response I got and you can make your own informed decision on whether you will continue to use them:

Dear Member

Checking your contact lists finds matches on Quechup for you and sends an invite to non Quechup members to join. By inviting contacts you confirm you have consent from them to send an invitation. Quechup will not spam or sell addresses from your contacts. See our privacy policy"

Regards

Bettina Samain
Member Support
quechup.com

No comments:

Jeff Pontes Social Media Search